Mission Statement / Major Corporate Goals
"Mayo County Council's mission is to improve the quality of life for people living in Mayo and enhance the attractiveness of the County as a place to live in, work, enjoy and invest."
Major Corporate Goals of Mayo County Council
- To provide quality cost-effective, accessible services and develop a culture of customer care throughout the County
- To protect the natural environment of the County and encourage renewal and redevelopment, while retaining the visual attractiveness of Mayo
- To ensure that every Mayo family can live in a dwelling of good standard, located in an acceptable environment at a price or rent they can afford
- To secure a safe and comprehensive roads network to satisfy the present and projected needs of all who live, work or visit the county
- To assist in the orderly development of the natural and industrial resources of the County in order to maximise employment opportunities consistent with the protection of the County's natural environment
- To provide other essential public services in order to improve living conditions, and quality of life for everyone in Mayo
- To maximise the potential of our area office network to deliver the Council's services as close as possible to the people we serve
- To improve the public perception of the Council as a modern, efficient and effective public service provider
- To maximise the potential of all our staff
- To support and enhance the role of the elected Councillor in accordance with the principles of representative and participative democracy.