Mayo County Council logo

Casual Trading 2017

How can I trade?

Businesses and individuals are allowed to sell goods in designated areas in Mayo, provided they have a Casual Trading licence issued by Mayo County Council.

There are also a number of Market days around Mayo.  Contact the Market organisers directly to participate in these sales.

If you wish to prepare or serve food please contact the HSE as they may have additional requirements.

Persons caught trading without a licence can be prosecuted by an authorised officer of Mayo County Council as well as by the Gardai.

How To Apply

Casual Trading bye-laws vary in different parts of Mayo:



Online Services

Can't find what you need?

Report issues with potholes, paths, drainage/flooding, public lighting, illegal dumping and other issues online via the website.

  More Mayo County Council and Local Government Websites