Mayo County Council logo

Housing: Homeless Accomodation

Accommodation Options for Homeless People

If you are homeless, rough sleeping or at risk of becoming homeless you need to present to the Housing Office in your Municipal District between the hours of 9.00am and 5pm (closed for lunch 1-2pm).
Should you require assistance outside of these hours please present at your local Garda Station.

When presenting at your local housing office you will require photo identification – public service card, drivers licence or passport. You will also need to provide proof of your current income/social welfare payment – payslip from employer or Post Office.

Tenancy Sustainment Officer
Mayo County Council provides tenancy sustainment support through their Tenancy Sustainment Officer.
If you are a tenant at risk of losing your tenancy or a homeowner at risk of losing your home, please contact the Tenancy Sustainment Officer on 094 9052007.



Contact details for Housing

Ballina Municipal District Offices

Ballina Civic Offices
Arran Place
(096) 76100

Claremorris Swinford Municipal District Offices
Kilcolman Road
Claremorris: (094) 9372310

Ballinrobe Housing Office:
Kilmaine Road
Balinrobe: (094) 9541111

Swinford Housing Office,
College House,
Station Road,
Co. Mayo
(094) 9251495

West Mayo Municipal District Offices
Belmullet Civic Centre
Church Road
(097) 81004

Westport Housing Office

Altamount Street
(098) 50400

Castlebar Municipal District Office
Áras an Chontae
The Mall
094 9024444

Online Services

Can't find what you need?

Report issues with potholes, paths, drainage/flooding, public lighting, illegal dumping and other issues online via the website.

  More Mayo County Council and Local Government Websites