Mayo County Council logo

Information for Prospective Tenants of the Rental Accommodation Scheme

Information for prospective tenants of the Rental Accommodation Scheme

A change in procedure was introduced by the Department of the Environment, Community & Local Government in April 2011. This change of procedure means that all clients in receipt of Rent Supplement must now be assessed for Social Housing Support by their local housing office, rather than being dealt with directly by the RAS unit. 

Once a completed application for Social Housing Support is received by your local housing office a decision will be made on your eligibility. If you are deemed eligible for Social Housing Support an assessment will be carried out to determine how that need is to be met (Council House, Voluntary Accommodation, RAS, Leasing or Loan). If RAS is the agreed solution to your housing need then your application will be passed to the RAS unit to procure suitable accommodation.

Please contact your Municipal District Office: Housing

Online Services

Can't find what you need?

Report issues with potholes, paths, drainage/flooding, public lighting, illegal dumping and other issues online via the website.

  More Mayo County Council and Local Government Websites